Dropbox

I had heard about Dropbox for some time ago, but never really think that I will be using it one day.

Dropbox creates a special folder in your computer that synchronize its content to the web, another computer that has Dropbox installed, and even mobile phones. Currently, Dropbox is offering 2GB of online storage for free.

What makes me use Dropbox out of the sudden? Well, I want to transfer a large file to my friend. Email attachments have size limitation and Windows Live Messenger file transfer is just plain slow. A P2P connection might be slower than a direct connection to the internet. So, I decided to upload it to some sort of online storage and let my friend download it later. (For each file uploaded, Dropbox provides a web link for it.)

Dropbox is more than just a normal file transfer method, I read about people using it as a music folder that get synchronized across different devices and a photo sharing folder for friends and family. Extend those possibilities yourself, give it a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foxit Reader vs. PDF-XChange Viewer

Apple event 23 October 2012

Glitch at Microsoft Store Singapore: $5 Office 2013 Pro