CCleaner vs. Comodo System Cleaner

Tried: CCleaner, Comodo System Cleaner.

Yes, everyone knows unused files and registry entries are increasing as you use Windows for a longer time. In fact, CCleaner is actually Crap Cleaner.

There are many system cleaners/optimizers around in the net; the reason I chose these two softwares is they are almost fool-proof. It means you can just follow the instructions and clean the system without causing system errors.

CCleaner removes unwanted files and registry entries in Windows system in a safe way. I have been using CCleaner for quite a while now and it is not causing me any problem.

Comodo System Cleaner (CSC) is also another great utility. I use CSC too, it removes more files than CCleaner.

CCleaner cleans less while CSC cleans more unwanted files/registry entries; therefore, CCleaner is safer in some way. But CSC is still safe, mainly because of its roll back function after it cleans your PC (requires immediate restart, at least you know if you messed up Windows startup).

CCleaner is really fool-proof, I always just click through the cleaning process (yes, no backup) and it works fine. I chose CCleaner for this point. I will leave heavier cleaning duty to CSC once in a while. 

Update:
I basically just use CCleaner now, since I am lazy to have to do a reboot to check for any error each time, especially CSC does not gives any noticeable perfomance boost.

Edited 4 Sep 2010.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the comment! I could not remember what is the exact problem as it was some time ago. I suspected it might have conflict with my another startup software. Anyway, it is free of problem now. Just that the restore-after-cleaning function in CSC makes me think that CSC might cause "problem" as CSC cleans more thoroughly. Please feel free to post a feedback after you used it for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Foxit Reader vs. PDF-XChange Viewer

Apple event 23 October 2012

Glitch at Microsoft Store Singapore: $5 Office 2013 Pro