Digsby

Tried: Digsby, Miranda, Trillian Astra; Also known: Pidgin, Trillian 5.

I just got Digsby recently and I love it.

I remembered those days I had to sign in separately to MSN, YM, facebook, etc. I was looking for other IM software that integrates at least all the IM. I tried Trillian, too bulky; tried Miranda, too limited. Finally, I found Digsby!

It allows you to use Facebook chat just like any IM, it also integrates most of the major IM softwares. It even could help you sign in to all your emails, of course it supports yahoo mail, live mail, gmail and IMAP mail accounts. You can configure it to show pop up when you receive new emails. That is not all, it gives you connection to some social networks including the well known Facebook.

Digsby saves my time.

You can visit their homepage and give Digsby a chance. What are you waiting for?

Update:
There are actually  many mulitple-IM clients out there but not all provide social and email integration as well. (Trillian, Pidgin, Miranda, etc. have their own pros and cons.) I always like simplicity and Digsby becomes my personal favourite, but the improvements on some vital features, to me at least, are slow (better file transfer, better video call, inspect new mails in other folders besides inbox, etc.) Trillian 5 beta is moving towards this direction and I would eager to try out after it comes out of beta.

Edited 22 Dec 2010.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foxit Reader vs. PDF-XChange Viewer

Apple event 23 October 2012

Glitch at Microsoft Store Singapore: $5 Office 2013 Pro